Jeanette Bennett

The Blog of JEANETTE M. BENNETT - Indie Author from the Scablands of Eastern Washington

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Scablands Sandstorm photos

As you probably know, I live in the Scablands of Eastern Washington, or as it is politically correctly called, the Columbia Basin. Most people are surprised to find there is a desert in the Evergreen State. I have on occasion Tweeted about a dust storm outside. Here is what it looks like.

 
 
 
 These photos were taken Sunday evening, September 15, 2013 from Artemis Ridge in West Richland, looking toward Kennewick by Dennis L. Homan braving the 70 mile an hour winds.
 
Looks like something out of the Sahara Desert, huh.
 
I'm happy to say I missed this. I was in Montana at the time. I probably won't miss the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment